Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another kind of diary


"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary."
Pablo Picasso

Over the years, I've kept diaries as I found that it helped me sort through how I could interact more fully with life.
But one of the things that bothered me greatly was how rarely I included sketches ... considering that I am an artist. I marvelled at other artist's sketchbooks ... not
really binding myself in that way myself. I worked on scraps of paper ... and then my favorite .... rice paper.
I felt that I was missing part of my voice ... an essential part of myself, as I worked through and documented my life in regularly bound diaries.
So discovering blogging is freeing for me. The art on scraps can be incorporated with my words into the posts. YES!!
I'm excited about undertaking this journey of discovering myself as an artist. By posting my progress, I hope to inspire others to seek ... more of life.

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. "
Thomas Merton

1 comment:

  1. I have already begun to "seek" more of life through you, and I'm excited to see where this blog will go and who will be inspired. The ride will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete